Live IT Family Story #1: Everyone Needs a Little Gracie

By Greg Schlueter

Gracie is our 8 year old firebrand. Every day she kicks out little creations that affirm her love for various family members. While I always appreciate these, I made the mistake a few days ago of suggesting that we would soon need to rent a storage facility.

The next day I awoke with a certain heaviness about some things. While getting ready for work, I was struck by at least three, beautiful "Gracie's creations" - a real "pick me up" that so clearly expressed God's loving heart, and the gift of His prolific love so alive in her.

So, of course, the first thing I did was found her and shared all this with her- encouraging her to keep that loving heart flowing. She jumped up and gave me a big hug and, flashing her big brown eyes, simply said unfazed, "Dad, you didn't think that would stop me, did you?"
----------------------------


PLEASE SHARE YOUR SHORT STORY that inspires with the sense of God alive in families. Go HERE to post. (We may contact you about featuring it.)

LIVE IT: THE MISSION is to invite families on the great adventure of discovering our identity / mission and Living IT. We Image the Trinity (Get IT?).

Get on board. More HERE.